Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Southern Utah

We decided to take advantage of some time off from school and do some exploring in the southwestern corner of Utah. We were graciously lodged in Michelle's grandparents trailer house which made it an even better travel experience (we anticipated staying in the Campry...aka Camry turned into a camper). Some of the highlights were getting to know Megan's new baby Solomon, Michelle almost stepping on a rattlesnake and seeing tons of red rock in great formations and petroglyphs.

Click here to check out our slide show.

We took a few short movies of the snake encounter so take a look!

Rattlesnake Encounter 1

Rattlesnake Encounter 2

Rattlesnake Encounter 3

Rattlesnake Encounter 4


Rattlesnake Encounter 5

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Kat and Steve said...

YOU. ARE. CRAZY!!!! I would have run away as fast as I could screaming. But you guys are more adventurous than me so instead you took a picture, a video, and you picked the dang thing up! Well, I'm glad you're still alive.

So minus the rattlesnakes, I LOVE southern utah and it's been way too long since I've been there. It is so amazing down there. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Miss you guys!

Kirsten said...

I can't watch those videos matthew is crazy

Kirsten said...

I liked seeing the pic of you and megan.

Anonymous said...

Crikey! That rattler's getting a bit stroppy! But isn't 'e a bewdy?

J and A said...

I found myself drooling over the images in your album of Coyote Gulch...many memories there.

I've always thought Matthew should have his own wild animal show.

Wish you the best.

Grant and Stacy said...

Matthew. WOW! I was laughing so hard and Stacy sat on the other side of the room. Come to think of it, when I was young there was a rattlesnake in our yard. We did pick it up but that was after the head was removed from the rest of it. That was awesome!

Best of luck...and watch where you step.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed